Skip to content

Victorian Housing Register

The Victorian Housing Register is where you register for social and affordable housing.
This means you can apply for both public and community housing at the same time.

Apply for the VHR

What is the Victorian Housing Register (VHR)

The Victorian Housing Register is managed by the Victorian Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.

The register has two categories:

  • Priority Access: this is for people:
    • Who are homeless and receiving support
    • Are escaping or have escaped family violence
    • With a disability or significant support needs
    • With special housing needs.
  • Register of Interest: this is for all eligible applicants to register their interest in social housing.

Do I need to be on the VHR to access social housing?

Yes, all Haven Home Safe renters have been allocated from the Victorian Housing Register. Because there are so many people on the VHR It is important to submit your application as early as you can if you are looking to access social housing.


Can Haven Home Safe assist me to submit a VHR application?

Yes where HHS operates an Initial assessment and planning service staff are available to assist you with your application or if you are working with an HHS staff member in one of our support programs they may also assist.