2018 Haven; Home, Safe and Community Sector Banking
Open for applications from Friday, December 1st, 2017 until Monday January 29th
Haven; Home, Safe (HHS) and Community Sector Banking (CSB) have created a scholarship fund to help motivated HHS tenants and their dependants further their education and qualifications. .
The scholarships are designed to alleviate course and material costs, transport, and accommodation expenses. $1,000 per year for a duration of two years is available.
Successful recipients will be contacted throughout their course to complete an acquittal as the second payment is dependent on successful completion of first year.
To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- Be a tenant or dependent currently living in a Haven; Home, Safe owned or managed property, including NRAS properties
- Be a HHS client or dependent engaged in an ongoing DHHS funded program
- Demonstrate motivation and commitment to undertake an employment/trade related qualification
- You must have left secondary school (having completed Year 10 as a minimum);
- Provide proof of course offer/ letter of acceptance and/or subsequent proof of enrolment for 2018 at an approved Australian TAFE institute campus in an approved Australian course*
- Be an Australian permanent resident.
- Any subject can be studied under this scholarship as long as it is in an approved Australian course.
- You can be studying on campus and /or off campus (including online);
- You can be studying on a full-time or part-time basis
* Eligible courses include –
Full-time or competency-based completion (Apprenticeships), Certificate I, II, III or IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate degree. Course must be of at least 10 weeks’ duration for full-time study or the part-time equivalent.
Courses ineligible for this scholarship include VETiS, Foundation level training and short courses.
I am already studying, can I apply?
Yes. You will need to provide proof of enrolment and let us know when you are due to complete your course.
I haven’t thought about studying until now, can I still apply?
If you are thinking of studying full time, we would encourage you to complete an application. If you are successful we will be in touch as to how to formalise your application. We will need to see proof of acceptance in order to process your scholarship application.
Will you need to know what I spend the money on?
Yes, this scholarship supports costs and expenses directly relating to the study of successful applicants. If successful you will be required to provide receipts for study-related expenses where scholarship funds were used.
Will you contact me about the scholarship?
If successful we will contact you to ask how your studies are progressing and how the scholarship has assisted you.