Lockdown restrictions will be lifted in regional Victoria from 11.59pm on Thursday 9 September night, following advice from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer.
What is changing
- Travel will be allowed around regional Victoria, except Greater Shepparton, with no distance limit
- But movement between metropolitan Melbourne and the regions is restricted
- No visitors to the home
- Public outdoor gatherings will be allowed with a maximum of 10 people
- People aged 12 and over must show evidence of a COVID-19 test within the previous 72 hours as a condition of entry to ski fields at Alpine resorts
- Outdoor tours will be capped at 20 people
- Regional accommodation providers will only be allowed to take bookings from people who live in the same household, or intimate partners and single-bubbles
- Regional early learning centres, kindergartens, childcare and family day care centres will open for regional children and metropolitan children who are vulnerable or whose parents are single or essential workers
- Schools will reopen to children in Prep to Year 2, Year 11s studying Year 12 subjects, and Year 12 students
- Other year levels will continue learning remotely
- Teachers and child care workers moving between Melbourne and the regions must undergo twice weekly COVID-19 tests
Weddings, funerals and religious ceremonies
Religious gatherings and ceremonies, including funerals, are permitted with up to 20 people per venue
Weddings are allowed with no more than 10 people
Workers necessary to conduct those ceremonies do not count toward those caps, nor do children under 12 months old at weddings and funerals
Shopping and eating out
- Hospitality venues can reopen, but with seated service will be capped at 10 people indoors and 20 people outdoors.
- Food courts remain restricted to take-away only and masks cannot be removed for eating and drinking in retail settings.
- General retail will reopen with a density limit
- All beauty and personal care services will reopen with limits of 10 people per space, and masks must be worn throughout the service.