Tenants repairs need to be reported as soon as possible to prevent further damage and to minimise your discomfort.
Affordable Housing Tenants should report repairs between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday by contacting our Maintenance Service Team on 1300 100 242 or by submitting the form below. If you have an urgent repair outside these hours call the same number and our after-hours service will take your call.
PLEASE NOTE: This number is only for AHA tenants.
Transitional Housing tenants are to contact their tenancy and property manager during business hours. For after-hours call the DHHS Housing Call Centre on 131172 sit below PLEASE NOTE: This number is only for AHA tenants.
Repairs considered Urgent are:
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken toilet system
- Serious roof leak
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- Failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by HHS for hot water or heating.
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- An appliance, fitting, or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- Serious fault in a lift or staircase.
When you contact us, we will require the following information:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Details of the problem, including serial numbers of appliances where possible and appropriate
- How and when we can gain access to your home to carry out the work.
Once you have reported a maintenance issue we will provide your details to an appropriate tradesperson in your area who will contact you directly to arrange a suitable time with you to undertake the repair.
Transitional Housing tenants are to contact their tenancy and property manager during business hours. For after-hours call the DHHS Housing Call Centre on 131172
If you require urgent maintenance outside office hours, please refer to the Emergency Services After Hours list for details of who to contact. If you request a tradesperson to attend after-hours (after 4:30pm or on a weekend) and the repair it is not deemed to be urgent, the cost of the callout may be charged back to you. If the repair is deemed to be tenant related damage, this cost may also be charged back to you.