If you are having trouble paying your bills and putting food on the table, it may be a good time to ask for help.
A financial Counsellor can give you advice about how to manage your money or just chat with you about your financial matters, paying bills, dealing with debt or managing your money better.
We’ve compiled a directory of organisations across Victoria who will be able to help you with this, normally free of charge. This directory of directory of financial counselling organisations across Victoria.
Victoria wide organisations
- National Debt Helpline Phone 1800 007 007 or Find out more (link http://www.ndh.org.au)
- Salvation Army Moneycare Contact can be made online or by calling your local Salvation Army office and requesting a call back from the MoneyCare team. Find out more (link https://salvos.org.au/need-help/financial-assistance/financial-counselling/)
- Women’s Information and Referral Exchange Inc – https://www.wire.org.au/
- Catholic Care Sandhurst Financial Counselling Phone 5438 1300
- Bendigo Family and Financial Services Phone 5441 5277
- Anglicare Phone 5430 1200
- Bethany Phone 1300 510 439.
- Diversitat Phone 5221 6044.
- North East Financial Counselling Program at Kildonan Uniting Care Phone 1800 002 992
- Mallee Family Care Phone 5023 5966
The Housing Australia Future Fund is great news and a huge opportunity for regional VictoriaRead Article
Housing re-set required for regional and rural VictoriaRead Article
The status quo: the least safe optionRead Article
Haven Home Safe launches Reflect RAPRead Article
The policy vacuum leaving Australians unhousedRead Article
Connect Renter Newsletter - June 2023Read Article