From 11:59pm Tuesday 27 October 2020 Third Step restrictions apply in Metro Melbourne.
Summary of the Third Step and further easing of restrictions:
- Stay safe: no restrictions on reasons to leave the house, must remain within 25km of home (with exceptions, including care for childminding, end of life, resting place, real estate.)
- Intrastate travel: no change.
- Restrictions on travel between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria will remain in place until metropolitan Melbourne aligns with regional Victoria on 8 November
- Face coverings: no change
There are also changes to:
- Gatherings of people
- Indoor sport and recreation
- Outdoor sport and recreation including pools
- Community facilities
- Childcare facilities
- Shopping, retail and personal services
- Ceremonies and religious gatherings
- Real estate services
- Tourism (tours and transport)