Sidney Myer Haven is a $7.5 million development in Bendigo which offers stable, affordable housing for individuals in crisis and a wrap-around support model for its residents called ‘Shared Futures’.
About Sidney Myer Haven
- $7.5+ million project
- Located 2km from Bendigo CBD
- Residential complex of 19 two-bedroom units
- Mix of singles, couples and families
- Officially opened by Baillieu Myer AC in October 2015
Wrap-around support program ‘Shared Futures’
- A holistic approach to supporting individuals in crisis
- First of its kind in Australia
- Social supports and a curriculum of activities to build skills and aid personal development
- Topics include: social and emotional skills, training and employment, tenancy skills, health awareness, advocacy, leadership, civic participation
- Think Impact SROI (Social Return on Investment) research found that for every $1 invested in Shared Futures program up to $12 of social and economic value is created
- 90% of Shared Futures graduates now live in private rental or own their own home
- Before living at Shared Futures, only 6% people engaged in any formal education. Afterwards, 53% did.
Read the From Surviving to Thriving social impact SROI report to learn more.