The Good Neighbour Award provides HHS tenants with an opportunity to formally recognise the contribution their neighbours make to their lives, the tenant community in general and how these relationships can change communities through social connection.
The award will be presented to an individual who has provided support and/or practical assistance to a tenant/s, who aims to build better relationship with people who live around them and who helps others feel safe and connected.
They can assist in many ways such as,
- Offering to bring in their neighbours bin or mail when they go away
- Invites a neighbour over for a cuppa
- Shares a meal with neighbours
- Offering to carpool or in fact drive a neighbour to appointments/shopping etc
- Offering to check in on neighbours on a regular basis
- Offering comfort through a smile, greeting and waive.
To be eligible for the Good Neighbour Award nominees must,
- be a current HHS tenant
- not be related to the person they are assisting
- offer help out of their own free will and without monetary reward
- not be helping the neighbour as part of an existing formal volunteer role. e.g delivered meals
The following criteria for the Good Neighbour Recognition Award will be considered by the selection panel,
- The impact or benefit of the act on the tenant/s quality of life and the tenant community.
- How often and over what length of time the support has been offered.
Conditions of Nomination and Selection Criteria
- All nominations must be on the official nomination form with a separate form for each individual nomination.
- All nominations must be lodged online and will not be accepted in any other format.
- Nominations including multimedia, such as photography and video entries must be included with completed nominations.
- All nomination information and material submitted remains the property of HHS.
- It is essential that nomination forms are completed in full, including the name and contact details of the person being nominated as well as details of the person nominating them.
- Please provide the correct spelling of all names as this information will be used on certificates and in publications.
- Nominations close 28 February 2019
- Selection of award recipients is made by a panel containing representatives from HHS. Award recipients will be announced each year at the HHS Annual General Meeting.
- Allocation of awards will be based on the information provided by the nominator. It is therefore important to ensure you provide accurate and sufficient information to allow the selection panel to make an informed decision.
- The decision of the HHS Good Neighbour Recognition Award Selection Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- An unsuccessful nomination will not prevent the nomination being made again in successive years.
- Winners will be advised on 31 March 2019.
For further information call Vicki, Community Engagement Coordinator on 9479 0729
4 prizes of $500. One recipient will win a prize for each region (Metropolitan, Barlon St West Geelong, Loddon, Mallee)
All nominations received will be acknowledged by email once the nomination form is submitted online.
All nominees will be shortlisted and will each receive a certificate of recognition.