COVID-19 information for Haven; Home, Safe Maintenance Contractors
Haven; Home, Safe works closely with our valued contractors to maintain properties for the amenity and safety of residents, including people with disability and the elderly.
Contractors play a vital role in protecting people from Coronavirus because you attend several locations each day, and may come in contact with tenants at higher risk because they are elderly, unwell or experience disability.
In the interest of health and safety for our workers, contractors and tenants, Haven; Home Safe will undertake urgent maintenance only in postcodes impacted by the Stage 3 Stay at Home orders in effect from 11.59 pm 1 July for four weeks.
Maintenance and upgrades in properties in all other locations will be notified as usual.
Each maintenance contractor must adopt infection control measures to protect yourself and help prevent and limit the spread of the Coronavirus in our community.
A contractor MUST NOT attend any property if you answer YES to the following:
- A fever (temperature more than 37.5)?
- A cough?
- A sore throat?
- Returned from overseas within the past 14 days?
- Been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Been in contact with a person diagnosed COVID-19?
If you answer ‘YES’ to any of the above must contact Haven; Home, Safe immediately for further instructions.
Haven; Home, Safe contractor protocol:
- Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and dry thoroughly before entering each site
- Contractors are expected to supply and use hand sanitiser
- At sites which are staffed by support workers, follow any additional instruction about infection control
- Wear PPE to each site as appropriate
- Prior to attending a site, please telephone the tenant and ask:
Have you been in contact with anyone who has been tested positive or in the process of being tested for the virus?
Are you in self-isolation or are feeling unwell?
- If the answer is YES to either of the above, you should not attend the job AND advise Haven; Home, Safe immediately. HHS maintenance staff will work in consultation with the contractor to complete an appropriate JSA and reissue the works order.
- If the answer is NO, you should attend wearing Personal Protective Equipment as required.
We also recommend you stay at a safe “social distance” of 1.5m from any other person whilst on site, including meal breaks. This includes your work colleagues.
- Limit the site attendance to the minimum time.
- Continue to wash or sanitise your hands frequently for the duration of the job, and always after coughing, sneezing, and handling shared paperwork, tools and other objects.
Haven; Home, Safe requests immediate notification by phone or email from anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Haven; Home safe will not knowingly dispatch a contractor to a site tenanted by a person exposed to or diagnosed with Coronavirus.
Haven; Home, Safe in-house staff will not be attending sites.
Our staff re available for mobile phone, Facetime and Skype for meetings or on-site consults.
Contractors may seek further OHS advice from industry peak bodies.
The Master Builders Victoria CIVID-19 update is available here.
For information and the advice about Coronavirus (Covid-19) go to the Department of Health and Human Services website www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Phone your doctor or the Coronavirus hotline – 1800 675 398 – if you need medical attention.