Molimo provjerite je li omogućen Javascript za potrebe dostupnost web lokacija

Transitional housing (THM)

Transitional Housing is short-term accommodation funded by the State Government’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).

Transitional Housing accomodation has a support program and assigned support worker who provides housing advice and planning, depending on your personal circumstances and helps you achieve a longer-term housing solution.

Jednostavno čitanje

It acts as a temporary option before you move to more permanent housing in public housing, community housing or the private rental market.

The length of time people spend in transitional properties varies, but is generally for a maximum of two years. Some people in transitional housing have priority approval for public and community housing and wish to wait for an offer of permanent housing. Others aim to move on into private rental once they have stabilised their life.

Am I eligible to apply for transitional housing?

You cannot apply for transitional housing. 

You will need to be either:

  1. Case managed by Haven; Home, Safe staff in order to qualify for Haven; Home, Safe nomination right properties or 
  2. Engaged with a support service that has nomination rights for transitional properties and a support worker who can refer you.

How can I access transitional housing?

That sounds great, how do I get it?

  • You need to be working with a support service who refers you to a transitional housing property
  • These applications are assessed depending on a range of factors and priority needs
  • Transitional housing is then allocated

What is transitional housing like to live in?

  • If you are offered a transitional property, you will be expected to engage with your support service for the duration of your tenancy. They will work with you to develop a Housing Plan.
  • Living in transitional property is like any other renting – we expect you to pay your rent, look after the property, report any maintenance required and be a good neighbour

How can I access long-term affordable housing?

By registering an application with the Viktorijanski stambeni registar and checking availability on the Haven; Home, Safe area of

How we can help you

To access our services, you’ll need to visit one of our offices so we can conduct an assessment

Couldn't find what you were looking for?

We have other services available which may be of assistance.

Ako vam je potrebna kratkoročna financijska pomoć kako biste zadovoljili svoje neposredne potrebe, na raspolaganju će vam biti pomoć za pomoć u hitnim slučajevima za bonove za hranu, bonove za supermarkete, vaučere za benzin, za plaćanje komunalnih računa i druge osnovne stvari.

Za pomoć nas kontaktirajte na 1300 428 364.