Regional Restrictions – Stage 3 – Statement On Changes
From 6pm tonight, Victoria will enter a State of Disaster.
This will give our police additional powers to make sure people are complying with public health directions, which will be updated in coming days.
From 11:59pm on Wednesday, regional Victoria will return to Stage 3 “Stay at Home” restrictions.
That means there’ll again only be four reasons to be out:
- Shopping for food and essential items
- Care and caregiving
- Daily exercise
- Work and study – if you can’t do it from home.
Melbourne Restrictions – Stage 4 – Statement On Changes
From 6pm tonight – in addition to Victoria entering a State of Disaster, providing police additional powers to make sure people are complying with public health directions, Melbourne will also move to Stage 4 restrictions.
- A curfew from 8pm to 5am, beginning tonight. The only reasons to leave home during these hours will be work, medical care and caregiving.
- Where you slept last night is where you’ll need to stay for the next six weeks. There’ll be exemptions for partners who live apart and for work, if required.
- The Night Network will be suspended, and public transport services will be reduced during curfew hours.
- Exercise will be limited to a maximum of one hour per day and no more than five kilometres from your home.
- Group size for exercise will be limited to a maximum of two – you and one other person – whether you live with them or not.
- Shopping will be limited to one person per household per day. Again, the five-kilometre rule will apply.